Search frequently asked questions
In this section you can view our customers' most frequently asked questions. If you can't locate the desired subject area, you can send us an email with your query.
If you require further explanation of our professional solutions for your company vehicles, please contact us by clicking the following link.
What documents must I take with me if I travel abroad?
- The receipt for the payment of your insurance, which your bank must give you.
- Up-to-date proof of your automobile tax payment.
- All of the vehicle's documents.
- Your green card, if you are travelling to countries where it is necessary.
What should I do to stop receiving commercial emails?
- Go to the Customers'Area by entering your password and in the "My Details" section choose your emailing preferences. You can also notify us by sending an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org, giving your name and ID document number.
I've had an accident and I've requested Travel Assistance. What do I have to do now?
- Once you've contacted Travel Assistance and the vehicle has been towed, you must file an accident claim with Línea Directa over the phone where you will be informed of the procedures to repair you're vehicle.
With this policy, am I covered to drive another vehicle?
- No, the object of your insurance with Línea Directa is the vehicle that is stated in the special conditions. If you'd like to drive another vehicle you must consult with the other vehicle's insurance company to see if you are covered.
How do I register/ re-register a vehicle in Spain?
- You must go to one of the General Traffic Headquarters' offices (Dirección General de Tráfico) with the vehicle's documents and a written application.
If you don't know where the closest office is, you can ask at your town hall (Ayuntamiento). (http://www.dgt.es/es/)
Does Línea Directa insure pets/travel plans/life?
Currently, we only insure cars, motorbikes, mopeds, quads and houses.
What does "excess" mean?
The excess is the amount which must be assumed by the insured in respect of every claim, in accordance with the provisions of the Policy for each risk covered, unless the accident or loss concerns the cover against theft, windows or the accessories declared.