Search frequently asked questions

In this section you can view our customers' most frequently asked questions.

  • The receipt for the payment of your insurance, which your bank must give you.
  • Up-to-date proof of your automobile tax payment.
  • All of the vehicle's documents.
  • Your green card, if you are travelling to countries where it is necessary.
  • Once you've contacted travel assistance and the vehicle has been towed, you must file an accident claim with Línea Directa over the phone where you will be informed of the procedures to repair you're vehicle.
  • No, the object of your insurance with Línea Directa is the vehicle that is stated in the special conditions. If you'd like to drive another vehicle you must consult with the other vehicle's insurance company to see if you are covered.
  • You must go to one of the General Traffic Headquarters' offices (Dirección General de Tráfico) with the vehicle's documents and a written application. If you don't know where the closest office is, you can ask at your town hall (Ayuntamiento).
  • Currently, we only insure cars, motorbikes, mopeds, quads, houses and pets.
  • The excess is the amount which must be assumed by the insured in respect of every claim, in accordance with the provisions of the Policy for each risk covered, unless the accident or loss concerns the cover against theft, windows or the accessories declared.
  • Go to the Customers'Area by entering your password and in the "My Details" section choose your emailing preferences. You can also notify us by sending an email to the following address:, giving your name and ID document number.