This coverage is regulated by insurance contract law and it must be purchased by any motor vehicle owner.
Taking out Compulsory Civil Liability insurance guarantees compensation for possible bodily injury or material damage you may cause to third parties if you have a traffic accident.
The amounts are established by Law, with the following limits:
- Up to a maximum of 70 million euros in case of injuries to people.
- Up to a maximum of 15 million euros in case of material damage to vehicles and property.
Línea Directa has extended these amounts by including Voluntary Civil Liability coverage in all types of Motorcycle Insurance. So if you have to face compensation that exceeds the detailed limits, this coverage extends these amounts up to the limit agreed in the Special Conditions.
But what happens if I travel without having purchased this compulsory coverage? Apart from having to face the expenses derived from an accident, you could be sanctioned with a fine of €3,000 as well as the immobilization of the vehicle.
With some exclusions:
- Damages caused to the driver of the vehicle that caused the accident.
- Damage not related to travel.
- Damage caused by a stolen vehicle.
- Damages caused when the vehicle is driven under the influence of drugs or alcohol, without a driving license, with excess load or when the legal obligations related to the safety of the vehicle are breached.